Saturday 13 August 2016

Managing A Digital Presence for Your Library

I was fortunate to have had Joel Krentz, TL at Wilkinson Public School in Toronto, in my class when I did my Part #3 Library AQ.

One among many other things Joel shared was About.me.
  • As Joel does, I use About.me as my Library Landing Page...  a one stop clearinghouse for access to the suite of digital spaces I use for communications purposes.
  • Sidebar:  About.me recently revamped their styling, and clearly Joel has spent more time re-working his About.me site than I have.  It's on my to do list - sometime when I have a spare moment.

You can find my Library Landing page here:  https://about.me/etobicokeschoolofthearts

Some notes...
  • You'll see that I host a number of platforms...  originally the idea was to provide samples of how to use a variety of Web 2.0 tools.  
  • Some of these date back to very early days on the web (i.e. PB Works) and I have not bothered to migrate the content to a more current platform - no time in my day to do that, so I just let them sit there static. 
  • The reality is that there are now so many tools it's impossible to even consider modelling very many...  which is partly why I started sending out the App of the Week and collecting them on a single webpage titled Cool Apps
  • Now I link everything through The ESA Library Daily Blog...  this is where I'm consolidating access (although you'll note that even there I have some blank pages...  there are only so many hours in a day!)
  • I do still own my own domain name and maintain it at Library and Learning Resources.  This is the continuation of something I started as a blog in my classroom when I was only working part-time when my son was younger.

Feel free to borrow anything you like from anywhere among these pages...

Cheers

enid



No comments:

Post a Comment